We are seeking a skilled and experienced Office Manager to organize and supervise all administrative activities in our office. The Office Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, overseeing administrative staff, and ensuring that the office runs smoothly and efficiently. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 28.00 hourly 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules, calendars, and appointments of staff
- Manage contracts, invoices, and other financial documents
- Prepare reports, memos, and other documents
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial, and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Proven experience as an Office Manager or in a similar administrative role
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other office management software
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field is preferred
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Delegate work to office support staff
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some commonly asked questions about the role of an office manager:
What does an office manager do?
An office manager oversees the day-to-day operations of an office, manages administrative staff, and handles the organization and maintenance of office records and systems. They are also responsible for coordinating with other departments and external vendors, creating and implementing policies and procedures, managing budgets, and ensuring the safety and security of the office.
What skills are needed to be an office manager?
An office manager should possess excellent organizational and time-management skills, strong leadership abilities, and effective communication and interpersonal skills. They should also have knowledge of basic office software programs, such as Microsoft Office, and be able to handle financial records and budgets.
What education is required to become an office manager?
While there is no specific educational requirement for an office manager, many employers prefer a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field. Relevant work experience in office administration, human resources, or project management is also highly valued.
What are the work hours for an office manager?
Office managers typically work full-time, 40 hours per week during regular business hours. However, some positions may require longer hours, especially during busy seasons or when working on special projects.
What is the average salary for an office manager?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for office managers in the United States is However, salaries can vary depending on location, industry, and level of experience.
What is the job outlook for office managers?
The job outlook for office managers is generally positive, with a projected growth rate of 10 percent over the next ten years. As businesses continue to grow and expand, the need for effective office managers will continue to increase.
What are some common challenges faced by office managers?
Common challenges faced by office managers include managing employee conflicts, maintaining office efficiency and productivity, handling budgetary constraints, and keeping up with technology and industry advancements. Effective communication, strategic planning, and adaptability are key skills to overcome these challenges.
What are some best practices for office management?
Some best practices for office management include establishing clear communication channels, prioritizing employee engagement and morale, creating and maintaining standard operating procedures, keeping up with technology and industry trends, and continually seeking out opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.