We are seeking a skilled Construction Painter Helper to assist in preparing surfaces for painting, mixing paint, and applying paint to various structures. The Construction Painter Helper will work alongside our experienced painters and other members of the construction team to ensure that projects are completed on time, to the highest quality, and in compliance with safety regulations.
- Location: 7566 127 Street Surrey, BCV3W 0G2
- Salary: 26.50 hourly 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 2
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Prepare surfaces for painting by cleaning, sanding, and priming as needed
- Mix paint and ensure that the colors match specifications
- Assist in applying paint to various surfaces, including walls, ceilings, and equipment
- Clean and maintain painting tools and equipment
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Assist in other construction tasks as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in painting or construction is preferred but not required
- Basic understanding of color and color mixing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Physical stamina and ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Willingness to learn and take direction from experienced painters and supervisors
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions about Painter helper – construction:
What is a construction painter helper?
A construction painter helper is an entry-level position in the construction industry that assists experienced painters in their work. The main responsibilities of a construction painter helper are to prepare surfaces for painting, mix and apply paint, and clean up after a job is finished.
What are the qualifications needed to become a construction painter helper?
To become a construction painter helper, no formal education or training is required. However, experience working in construction or painting can be helpful. Employers typically look for candidates who are physically fit, have good communication skills, and are able to follow instructions.
What are the duties of a construction painter helper?
The duties of a construction painter helper may include:
- Preparing surfaces for painting by cleaning, sanding, or scraping
- Mixing and applying paint
- Holding ladders and scaffolding for painters
- Moving and setting up equipment and materials
- Cleaning up job sites and equipment after work is complete
- Assisting in the removal of old paint and wallpaper
- Providing general support to the painting crew as needed
What are the work conditions for a construction painter helper?
Construction painter helpers typically work outdoors or in unheated buildings. They may work on ladders, scaffolding, or other elevated platforms. The work can be physically demanding and may require lifting heavy equipment or materials. Construction painter helpers may work full-time, part-time, or on a project basis.
What are the career opportunities for a construction painter helper?
With experience, a construction painter helper can advance to become a painter or a painting foreman. They can also pursue other careers in the construction industry, such as carpentry or masonry. In some cases, construction painter helpers may choose to become self-employed and work as independent contractors.