New and updated software programs are designed, tested, and implemented by senior software engineers. They assume a managerial position and direct the development team in all activities related to software development. Their responsibility is to guarantee that all projects are finished on schedule and to the standards of the company
- Location: Langley, BCRemote work available
- Salary: $40.00 to $45.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire an experienced senior software developer to head up our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of new software systems. You may also be required to update existing software and conduct feasibility studies on company systems. While your role will be managerial in nature, you will also be expected to code applications, create reports, and mentor the junior developers.
To ensure success as a senior software developer, you should have high-level managerial skills, in-depth knowledge of programming languages, and outstanding project management skills. Top-class Senior Software Developers know the skills and aptitude of junior staff and assign tasks accordingly.
Senior Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with development managers to discuss software projects.
- Conducting feasibility studies for upgraded software systems.
- Designing new software programs, websites, and applications.
- Assigning tasks to junior developers such as coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
- Writing advanced programming code.
- Reviewing updated software systems.
- Managing project timelines and tasks.
- Writing development reports.
- Creating technical documents for new software programs.
- Training staff on software use.
Senior Software Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Previous experience as a software programmer.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of system frameworks including .NET, Git, Angluar JS, and GitHub.
- Experience creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience working with Agile development technologies.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
5 years or more
- Startup company
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Programming software
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply