Chartered accountants are fully licensed accountants who play a wide range of significant roles. Briefly said, they examine financial records and offer information about them, with particular attention paid to financial reporting, taxation, corporate finance, business recovery, and insolvency.
A chartered accountant, also referred to as a certified public accountant or CPA, is a qualified professional accountant who can handle a variety of accounting-related tasks. Implementing accounting systems, creating monthly financial reports, and submitting corporate tax returns are all tasks performed by a chartered accountant.
- Location: Smithers, BC
- Salary: $17.00 to $30.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Overtime, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a highly qualified chartered accountant with years of experience to lead a team of accountants. The chartered accountant is responsible for implementing accounting systems and processes, preparing monthly financial reports, controlling the master data of the general ledger, and ensuring compliance with the state revenue service.
To be successful as a chartered accountant, you should possess a stable working track record, excellent oral and written communication skills, and be highly knowledgable in the broad spectrum of accountancy accounting practices. You should also be certified and accredited with the relevant association and governing body.
Chartered Accountant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the duties of the accounting team.
- Implement accounting systems and processes.
- Reconcile income statements.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Control the master data of the general register.
- Review and release online banking payments.
- Ensure compliance with state revenue service.
- Provide ongoing accounting and reporting support.
- Manage the full financial process.
- Prepare an expense budget report.
Chartered Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Honor’s degree preferred.
- Completion of Articles.
- 5 years post article experience.
- Registration with accredited statutory body and association.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Fully compliant as a tax practitioner.
- Filing of corporate tax returns.
- Experience in providing financial advice.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Full time enrollment
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control
- Prepare reports and audit findings
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Prepare income tax returns from accounting records
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Accounting software
- Simply Accounting
- Quick Books
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- Health care plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
1090 Main Street
V0J 2N0 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 AM