International soccer players can apply for sport scholarships from Bournemouth University to attend a full-time undergraduate or graduate program there in the United Kingdom.
The athletic scholarship provides funding to help individuals advance academically and develop their athletic skills. Applicants for this scholarship must be great soccer players. Be a high-achieving athlete who is driven to keep growing both physically and mentally.
High-level athletes who intend to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies at BU are eligible for the BU Sport Scholarship. The scholarship is meant to provide you with the funding you need to improve your athletic prowess.
- Entry: Courses will begin in September 2022 and January 2023. Scholarships cannot be postponed.
- Eligibility: Any student interested in doing a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at BU.
- Nationality Eligible: The sports scholarship is open to both UK/EU and foreign students.
- Worth: The scholarship’s worth is from £500 to £5,000 and covers coaching, equipment, tournament entrance costs, and travel expenses.
- Available places: Can go from 45 to 50 depending on the availability of funds.
- Deadline: The application deadline is August 31 if your course begins in September, and November 30 if your course begins in January.
You can apply to benefit from up to £5,000 as a funding to cover coaching, equipment, competition registration costs, travel expenses, and/or support services.
You must succeed in your chosen sport, be a member of a Regional, National, or International squad, and perform at that level. Scholarship recipients will preferably represent BU in the BUCS programs (Team and Individual), as well as themselves and/or their club at regional, national, and international levels.
Individual athletes will also be required to compete with the best performers in the BUCS program.
If you are given a scholarship, you must meet with the Sports Performance Manager to assess how the funds will assist you throughout the year, commit to joining 75 percent of training sessions, represent BU in sporting competitions as much as possible to boost the profile of Sport BU’s activities, and be featured in promotional materials.
You will be required to attend trial procedure and be evaluated by our coach as a requirement for your application for a BU Sport Scholarship.
You must include a recommendation from a High-Performance Coach or National Governing Body coach with your application. If you aim to apply for a sport that is not part of our performance BUCS programme, you will have to include two references with your application.
Scholarships are evaluated on a regular schedule, and the institution maintains the right to remove, modify, or add new scholarships at any time. Scholarships are available based on funding and availability. Unless otherwise noted, the scholarship is only available for your first year.
If you are a postgraduate student pursuing a research degree, you will encounter terms that are relevant to your study and financing. For detailed information, please visit the official website: