Car park attendants are responsible for overseeing the use of car parking facilities, as well as ensuring their security and maintenance.
Their job description commonly entails collecting fees, checking parked vehicles for valid tickets, operating boom gates, and directing users to spaces that are available.
Parking attendants may also be involved in cleaning up spills and broken glass, which can cause damage to cars and injuries to drivers. They may also be responsible for washing and vacuuming the interior parts of cars if they work in parks that also offer a cleaning service. Their work description also entails driving vehicles over short distances within the facility to parking areas and guarding them. The car park attendant usually works from a small office or booth, and also takes time to patrol the parking area regularly.
- Location: 57 rue Sainte-AnneQuébec, QCG1R 3X4
- Salary: $14.25 to $14.46 hourly for 16 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
Car Park Attendant Job Description
Car park attendants perform various functions in ensuring smooth operation, security, and maintenance of parking facilities.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly characterize the activities of attendants at most car parks are shown in the job description example below:
- Maintain operation at car park and ensure customers get high quality service and satisfaction
- Respond swiftly to sound of alarm attached to marked vehicles when activated and investigate disturbances
- Identify possible risks at car park and resolve conflict where it arises
- Carry out regular patrol of parking area and issue notices of payment to customers for non-compliance to parking terms and condition
- Carry out regular cleaning of car park to ensure it is tidy and organized always
- Respond immediately to all reports concerning damage to equipment, antisocial behavior, and/or unauthorized access and resolve all issues
- Ensure daily reports are produced showing irregular occurrences, such as damage to property
- Ensure a safe, hazard free, and clean parking environment.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Car Park Attendant Role
If you are seeking to work as a car park attendant, the skills, knowledge, and abilities you will need to have to be able to access the role with most employers are shown below:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak clearly and to relate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to carry out functions professionally
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure high degree of customer satisfaction
- Highly energetic, confident, reliable, punctual, and proactive individual
- Ability to give attention to detail and perform tasks accurately
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply Microsoft Office package
- Experience working before as a parking, patrol, or enforcement officer
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Urban area
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Deal with public
- Perform services specific to the establishments in which their occupations are found
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Learning/training paid by employer
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
418-692-1511 extension 3396 Between 08:30 AM and 05:00 PM
57 rue Sainte-Anne
G1R 3X4 Between 08:30 AM and 05:00 PM