No doubt the country Canada is amongst the top list for immigrants in search of greener pasture.
If you are thinking of working in Canada or have already been given a job offer by a Canadian employer then you would need to have a Canadian work permit.
What is a Canadian Work Permit?
A Canadian work permit is an Authorization or permission that a foreign worker would need to work in Canada or take in Job within Canada. It’s pretty that simple. A Canadian work permit gives you the Authorization you need to freely work in Canada as an immigrant.
If you have the motive to work in Canada as a foreigner but do not know how to go about seeking a job then you would need to read our guide on the easiest ways to get a good Canadian job as a foreigner from overseas.
Types of Canadian Work Permits
There are different types of Canadian work permits that you can consider. Each of these work permits has its own requirements.
· LMIA Work Permits
· Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
· Facilitated LMIA (Quebec)
· Global Talent Stream
LMIA-Exempt but requiring a job offer or employment contract
· International Mobility Program (IMP)
· Intra-Company Transfers
· LMIA-Exempt Work Permits
· NAFTA Work Permits
· CETA Work Permits
Open Work Permits (no job offer or LMIA required)
· Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP)
· International Experience Canada (IEC)
· Spouse Accompanying International Student
· Spousal Sponsorship from Inside of Canada
· Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)
How to get a Canadian Work Permit?
To be able to get a Canadian work permit, you must be eligible for a specific type of Canadian work permit. However, there are so many kinds of work permits and each of these work permits has been created for a unique purpose and therefore varies greatly in terms of its criteria.
The kind of work permit you may qualify for depends on factors which include;
· The type of work you intend to do in Canada
· Your immigration status
· Your age
· Your skills and qualification
General Eligibility Requirements
Although there are different work permits with different application procedures and requirements, all work permits would demand their applicants to watch out for the following eligibility requirements;
· Prove that you will return to your country after your work permit expires
· Must not have any criminal record and not be a threat to the security of Canada
· Must be in good health
· Demonstrate financial competency that shows that you can take care of yourself and your family during your stay in Canada
· Must not be intending to work for a Canadian employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions
· Must not also be intending to work for a Canadian employer who regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services, or erotic messages
Are you Confused about how to Begin your Journey to Canada?
No doubt, immigrating to Canada can be confusing. If you are feeling confused, you would need to worry less and take out time to read this guide; it will help you a lot